Moving into your first Boston apartment alone or as a couple is an exciting time! Although you may think you’re prepared to make the move, you may realize you’re forgetting a few crucial items. At Mastodon Moving, our Boston movers have moved enough people into apartments to know what the best and most necessary items to have are.
Luckily, we have a checklist of items that you may need in your first Boston or surrounding area apartments!
- A Rug for inside your door
- Rack for keys and coats
- A lamp by the front door
- Couch for living room
- Coffee table
- Extra chairs for the living room – a loveseat or singular chair
- Another lamp or light source
- A TV and storage area for the TV and other electronics
- Kitchen table and chairs or dining room table and chairs
- Plates, utensils, glasses
- Pots and pans
- Trash cans
- Measuring cups
- A can opener
- Dish soap, sponges and cleaning supplies
- Toiletries for bathroom – shampoo, conditioner, body soap, toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shower curtain
- For your bedroom – a mattress, and pad and box spring
- Bed frame
- A lot of hangers
- Sheets, pillows, and a comforter
- Dressers and nightstands
- If you have laundry in your apartment, bring detergent! If not, bring a ton of quarters
- Cleaning supplies and trash bags
These are just a few of the things you will need for your new Boston home. Another thing to keep in mind is to measure hallways and doorways to be sure that the furniture will fit through them. You wouldn’t want to scratch new furniture or walls, or have to leave it outside while you find another way in for it.
Our full service moving company also provides residents with prompt and reliable apartment moving services. We understand that moving takes a lot of coordination; let us do the heavy lifting for you so that you can go exploring your new neighborhood! Contact us today to schedule moving services!