Have you and your significant other finally decided to move from your rental apartment in the city to a full-sized home in the suburbs of Boston? Our full service moving company has helped move dozens of couples into a larger space in preparation for starting a family.
If there’s one thing you need to know about being a first time homeowner: it doesn’t come easy — which is why our Boston movers have decided to give you the ultimate homeowner checklist for those who aren’t quite sure what to do once you’re handed the keys.
- Wash cabinets, counter tops, plumbing fixtures, light fixtures
- Swiffer, mop and sanitize all hardwood or tile flooring
- Contact a professional carpet cleaning company and have your carpets deep cleaned
- Dust vents, fans baseboards, and crown molding
Make Service Calls
- It’s always a good idea to have your HVAC system and ductwork inspected and cleaned
- Contact pest control companies and have your home treated for termites, mosquitoes, carpenter ants and rodents
- Be sure to contact your utility companies and confirm they have your new address and ask what date your first meter reading will be
Address Home Security
- If your home isn’t a new build, be sure to change the locks and add deadbolts
- Improve outdoor lighting by installing automatic motion sensor lights around your garage and doors
- Have a professional test and inspect your smoke detectors or replace old batteries with new ones
- Have a fire escape plan laid out. If you need help rearranging furniture to ensure a safe and timely exit in the event of an emergency, contact our in-home moving company today.
Contact us at Mastodon Moving LLC today for all your home moving needs!