Getting ready for a move (even if it’s just across town) can be a chaotic experience. Most people just want to make sure everything arrives safely and securely at their new home with little to no headaches. Fortunately there are a couple tricks and tips you can use to take a little bit of the stress out of moving. Below are a few simple tips that can help you make your next move easier on you and your family.
Tips and tricks to make your next move easier:
- If you opt for a non full-service move (meaning you’re going to be doing all of the packing) a tip for moving clothing is to bag your clothing that is hung up, while they’re still on the hangers. This will allow you to easily transfer groups of shirts, jackets & sweaters from your old closet, straight to the box and into your new closet!
- Sandwich bags are a godsend! These aren’t just for your lunch anymore, before your move store small items such as screws and bolts for furniture that needs to be disassembled and tape them to the furniture to ensure you do not lose any important pieces.
- Again, if you are handling all of the packing, you may want to run a quick search on craigslist for free moving boxes. This can save you a few bucks and help reduce waste, rather than paying for new boxes.
- While we’re on the riveting topic of boxes, it’s also a great idea to label the side of boxes and not the top. That way you can see which boxes belong where, even when they are stacked on top of each other.
- Save even more cash by making sure to document ALL of your moving expenses. Some can be tax-deductible, so keep track and Uncle Sam could be paying you some dough at the end of the year.
- Pack a few personal bags with the basics you will need. Moving can be unpredictable sometimes, that’s why it is a good idea to keep a few bag with all the personal basic things so you are not caught in between moves with no personal items you may need.
- When packing your clothing that doesn’t necessitate a hanger, roll instead of fold! This can help you save some room in your boxes and allow you to use less boxes in the move.
These simple tips can help you make your next move a little less stressful. Also, ensuring you partner with a trusted, high-quality moving company will really make everything that much easier on you and your family.
Mastodon Moving LLC is the greater Boston area’s premier moving company. We strive to provide the best experience for our customers to ensure the job gets done right every time. We specialize in everything from local crosstown moves to long-distance full service moves for Massachusetts’s residents. If you have any questions about our services or want to start the process for your next move fill out the contact form on this page or give us a call at 774-421-9004!