Our Boston area movers are all about helping the community, and that doesn’t just mean it’s residents. Our goal is to also bring attention to the local businesses that have helped our community!
In order to help our clients (or even those who aren’t looking to move in the near future) make informed decisions regarding home improvements, we’ve decided to compile a list of reputable area contractors and home service companies from which to choose from that we personally recommend.
These businesses are all comprised of knowledgeable and genuine individuals who are here to help you improve your home’s look and functionality. We invite you to flip through this list and reach out to a local contractor near you.
Are you moving to or from the Sudbury area? For those who are moving a lot of belongings, placing a few items or furniture pieces in a storage facility can help alleviate some of the unpacking and organizing pressure during your move. Our storage facility can also be used for a variety of different reasons other than moving.
Below are just a few examples of why residents in Sudbury should consider storage services.
When to Choose Storage Services
- Long Distance Moving. Residents moving to or from Sudbury are normally going through a long distance move that may take multiple days to complete. If this is the case, Mastodon Moving will recommend that a portion of your belongings be stored temporarily at our storage facility. Once all of your belongings are in the area, we will transport your stored items from the storage facility to your new home.
- Spring Cleaning. If you’re doing a spring deep clean of your home which includes deep cleaning the carpets and the floors, it can be beneficial to have your belongings in storage for a day or two to make sure no items get in the way of your cleaning frenzy.
- Home Remodeling. Many homeowners in the Sudbury area are constantly upgrading their homes, including kitchens and bathrooms. Homes in the area were predominantly built in the early 1900’s and home additions and remodels are a great way to improve the home’s value. Home remodeling can make even the cleanest home dusty, so we recommend placing your upholstered furniture in storage during the project.
- Structural Damage, Mold Damage, Water Damage. If you’ve noticed mold or leaking water in a part of your home, it’s important to address the problem as quickly as possible before the issue spreads to other areas. After contacting a remediation company, it may be best to place your unsoiled items and furniture pieces in storage while the cleaning process is underway.
- Downsizing. Do you finally have an empty nest? Are your parents looking to move into a retirement facility? No matter what your situation is, when it comes to downsizing, it’s important to remember that not everything is going to fit in your new home. In this case, we recommend storing unwanted furniture items at our Ashland storage facility until you make a decision on what to do with them. Due to a high cost of living in the Sudbury area, many families are opting to move to more affordable locations.
When To Contact Mastodon Moving for Storage
Whatever your needs for a storage facility are, Mastodon Moving is here to make sure that your belongings are safe and secure. Our storage facility is temperature controlled, spacious, and armed with exterior and interior video surveillance cameras for heightened security. Contact us today to learn more about our services.
Have you grown out of your existing office space? Perhaps the rent is too high and you’re looking to move elsewhere in the city? No matter what your situation is, office relocation and commercial moving in the Boston area requires a great deal of planning ahead of time. One of the first things your business executives should look into is finding a reputable moving company that can provide commercial moving services.
Why Hire a Professional for Commercial Moves
You may be thinking “I have employees in my office, so why not have them move their own office space using a moving rental truck?”
This may sound like a good idea theoretically, but realistically this can end up being a disaster. Not only will you lose days worth of employee productivity as everyone packs up their desks, computers and other belongings, but you will also end up spending a great deal of money renting trucks. Finding employees to drive rental trucks around the city can also lead to liability issues. The best thing to do is hire a commercial mover in Boston.
What to Expect During a Commercial Move
If you end up choosing Mastodon Moving as your commercial moving company, you can expect the utmost care of your electronic equipment and office furniture. There are a number of additional details you can expect from a professional commercial mover, including:
- Commercial movers in Boston should have the required city permits to park on busy city streets. At Mastodon Moving, we routinely update our city parking permits for these moving jobs. Space is limited in the financial district, Seaport, Back Bay and other areas, but with our moving permits we can park virtually right in front of the entrance to your office.
- The moving company should always provide you with a detailed estimate document that breaks down costs. Most moving companies will charge by the hour, but keep in mind that any specialty or high value items may be charged on top of the move.
- Your moving company should offer custom wood crating services for high value items. Mastodon Moving has a warehouse stocked full of wood crates and packing materials that are used for printers, fax machines, computers, server racks and other electronic equipment.
- Although you may not need this service, temporary storage is also something to keep in mind. For businesses who are downsizing their office space or if their new office isn’t quite move-in ready yet, Mastodon Moving has a spacious, temperature controlled storage facility just outside the city.
- Are you moving your office and updating your employee’s work space? Many companies who are looking to move to a new building have also purchasing brand new desks and chairs, cubicles, conference room furniture, and office decor. In this case, Mastodon Moving will coordinate with a local junk removal company and assist in the junk removal process. If your new office furniture is ready and waiting at the new business address, our movers can provide furniture assembly and trash removal.
The most important aspect of commercial moving is having a detailed plan. Our commercial movers will assess whether or not your office move requires a multi-day plan. If so, the first day will consist of prepped your office equipment and office furniture and custom crating any high value items. The second day we will load up the trucks, transport your belongings, and unpack all items.
Looking for a reputable Boston area commercial moving company? Contact Mastodon Moving today and we’ll send a friendly and knowledgeable representative to your location to give you an accurate moving estimate.