Boston’s high end moving company recently hit the road and headed to Charlestown, Massachusetts to provide full service moving for a family whose new summer home is now on beautiful Nantucket Island.
The family, whose year-round home is in Houston TX, recently purchased a new summer home on Nantucket Island, known as one of Massachusetts’ premier summer destinations. Their original summer home was located in Charlestown and the owners wanted a better, more secluded waterfront property.
With the help of Mastodon Moving, owner JJ Przybylski and his team of professional Boston movers arrived at the Charlestown home and loaded up two of the company’s moving trucks in one day. The following morning, the team took the trucks onto the ferry to Nantucket.
Once on the island at the new summer home, the moving company unloaded both trucks and provided full service unpacking for the client. Unpacking included staging the furniture in the appropriate rooms, carefully finding a home for the family’s high value items, and organizing the kitchen.
“The job was time sensitive due to the ferry times, but we brought enough man power to get it done,” said JJ Przybylski, Owner of Mastodon Moving LLC. “That day we unloaded with seven men and then caught the last boat.”
The new home build, located on Pippens Way, finally has it’s first owners.
Mastodon Moving LLC is a premier, high end moving company in Boston MA which provides home, apartment and corporate moves both local and long distance. Are you moving to Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard or Nantucket? Our moving trucks are sea-worthy and ready for the challenge! Contact us today for a free moving estimate.
Moving is tough! There is a lot of footwork happening in your home or apartment, and your movers need your cooperation to complete the move efficiently. However, there are some things they wish they could tell you (as the person moving) to help them get their job done better.
- Research your moving company in Boston. The company you choose will be moving some of your pretty personal and sentimental things, and you should feel comfortable with them. Go to the company’s office and meet the team. After this meeting, you won’t be blindsided on moving day, and can relax somewhat.
- Plan Your Day. Try and research things so that your move can go smoothly. For example, if you are moving on a busy street, save a spot for the truck! Also – let your movers know beforehand if you have something that is particularly heavy, or will require an extra set of hands.
- Finish (and really finish) your packing before moving day. If you choose to pack your own boxes, make sure that your boxes are taped up, stacked and located in one room when your movers arrive. So many people hate taping boxes, but if you have your movers do this for you, it can take more time and effort that could be spent on moving boxes. Not into the whole packing and unpacking thing? Mastodon Moving LLC provides full service packing.
- Label your boxes with where they will go in your new home. This will help the movers to put the boxes in their correct spots, and will help you to remain organized.
- Similar to planning out your day, be sure to communicate what is valuable to your movers. This way, they can place extra care on certain things, and wrap pieces that are fragile.
- Don’t try to help! The one thing the movers need from you is to make sure that you give them room to work. With you in the way, or moving around a lot this can cause disorganization.
Contact our Boston moving company today for a free home moving estimate. It doesn’t matter whether you’re moving down the street, across town, or across the state, Mastodon Moving LLC is here to help make sure your move is a seamless transition for you and your family.
When all your children leave for college or move away, your home might be feeling a little on the empty side. You may be considering a move somewhere quiet, with things to see and a more relaxed atmosphere.
Consider a move to Cape Cod and the Islands! At just under two hours from Boston, the Cape has everything you could want without being too secluded from the city. Buses can bring you back and forth to Boston, as well as train service. Summers are a hub of activity, with many shops open late and amazing beach sunsets. The ocean water is warm and clear! The fall and winter cool off and many tourists head back home, clearing roads and beach parking lots. When all of the tourists head home, there are still many residents in the area that form close knit neighborhood bonds.
Benefits of Cape Cod & Island Living
There are many reasons that the Cape is special, and a way of life for many. Just a few of the reasons to consider a move are:
- Beaches and ponds available yearlong
- Abundant ice cream shops
- Fresh seafood and plenty of restaurants
- Towns and villages with a lot of variety
- Weather – Cape Cod winters are notoriously mild, and summers are always a bit cooler from the sea breezes
- Ferries to Martha’s Vineyard, and Nantucket that leave from Harwich, Hyannis or Woods Hole. (High Speed options available too!)
- Outdoor activities like kayaking, paddle boating, hiking and canoeing in the summer and fall.
Once you are decided on your move to the Cape, we can help get you there! We will board the ferry with you, and make as many trips as necessary to get all your belongings to your new home.
Call or contact us today for an estimate!