As much as we love Massachusetts and the greater Boston area (and we hope you do too!) we understand that sometimes people need to leave the Bay State for one reason or another.
Luckily our long distance moving company is ready to go the distance with you. Our moving trucks have racked up some serious miles in the past; we’ve completed moves as far away as California and Florida and as close as Connecticut, New York and Rhode Island.
What our long distance moving services include
Mastodon Moving LLC is, first and foremost, a fully licensed and insured moving company. This means that homeowners can rest assured that their items will be completely covered by insurance in the event of damage in transit. Simply read over the agreement before signing, and don’t forget to ask us any questions you may have.
We don’t skimp when it comes to packing up belongings. Our professional movers have enough packing materials to wrap up your current home (trust us, we’ve got an entire warehouse stocked!) — right down to the last spoon. You will need to make sure you note any high value items or large items (such as pianos and pool tables) that require extra care and time to load up onto our moving trucks.
Speaking of moving trucks; we’ve acquired a third moving truck recently! This means we’re growing in order to accommodate more moves for homeowners like you. Those who are moving long distance will benefit from fully operational and fine-tuned moving trucks to safely transport your belongings cross country.
Planning on a long-distance move in the near future? Contact our Boston long distance moving company today for a free estimate!
Moving antique items can be very tricky! In a recent move in Weston, Mastodon Moving LLC handled furniture that was brought over to Boston on the Mayflower from centuries ago. These items are worth thousands and most likely carry a lot of sentimental value.
How we can help Weston residents move their prized possessions
If you are moving in Weston, MA and have many antiques in your home, we are here to help! You should avoid moving antiques by yourself, and look to hire a full service moving company that will provide you with pads and boxes to keep fragile items safe.
How to prepare for your move
Before you move, you will want to have the item appraised. Document every piece of the furniture, just in case anything is put back together incorrectly, or you have already scratched the piece as normal wear and tear.
Review your moving plan with your company, to be sure that your furniture is protected in case of damage during moving. Mastodon Moving provides moving insurance to be sure that all of your items are packed safely and transported gently.
Clean the antiques – but check with your local hardware store to be sure you are using the correct products.
Then, let us pack your pieces for you. We will wrap and pad all items to be sure that they remain cushioned during the moving and unpacking process.
When you arrive at your destination, do an inventory of all items to be sure that you have everything with you and nothing is lost or broken.
One of the many benefits of using a full service company is that we will pack, unpack and organize your new and old spaces.
If you are thinking about a move in Weston MA but are worried about your prized possessions, Mastodon Moving will help keep your items safe.
Contact us today for an estimate, and let’s get you on the move!
As a moving company, we move stuff. We move a lot of stuff. And what we’ve come to realize over the years of moving stuff is that it isn’t the physical objects that are difficult to relocate — it’s something else entirely.
It’s the things that can’t be lifted, packed away neatly into a box, and loaded onto one of our trucks that makes moving so difficult for some families and individuals. At Mastodon Moving, we’ve moved hundreds of greater Boston area residents over the years, but there always seems to be the same point of conversation with our clients: It’s just plain hard to come to grips that you’ll be leaving one area and moving on to another.
Things more difficult to relocate than possessions
We’ve gathered a few intangible things that are challenging for homeowners to move, more so than that pool table or crystal chandelier.
- Kids. For those with kids under the age of 18, it’s always a challenge trying to find a new school district that will best meet their needs and yours. Having to console your children when they have to leave their friends is sometimes nothing short of heartbreaking — but having a positive attitude when talking to them helps!
- Medical care. If you’re moving to a new town or state, don’t forget that you’ll need to find new doctors. We recommend asking your current doctor, dentist or physician to refer you and your family to a reputable clinic or office in your new town. Understand that it will take time for your new doctors to get acquainted with you even though they have you transferred records.
- Business. If you’re an entrepreneur looking for more space to grow your business, the next logical step is to move to a more spacious storefront or facility. Moving a business is tricky and there are moving companies out there who provide office relocation services.
- Reputation. Moving to take on a new job at a new company is always going to be hard. You’re starting from scratch in terms of creating a positive reputation for yourself and your work ethic. Establishing a reputation with new neighbors and community organizations is also challenging and will take time, though it’s well worth the investment.
- Memories. You and your family will always harbor memories of your old home, past friends, and the community. It’s normal to think about that favorite cafe or bar you used to go to. But one of the most exciting parts about moving is finding those new hidden gems in town. We suggest taking the family out; try different restaurants, explore a new park, or join an organization.
How Mastodon Moving Can Help
Our full service moving company in Boston provides all of our clients with the option to request move management services. If you have a loved one who needs to move into an assisted living facility and the move is proving more difficult than you thought, our move management assistant can help ease the transition process. For those who are too busy to pack up their home, we have no problem taking care of both the packing and unpacking for you so that you can focus on what matters, which is getting your family settled.
Contact our movers today for a free estimate!